Monday, 13 March 2017

Hippo Friend and Happy Birthday Cards!!



Kanan here!! I hope you all are enjoying our grand celebration!! Have you checked our fantastic blog hop? All the creative members have something beautiful to show you and that too loaded with prizes. You still have few days left to participate. You can find all the details here.

I have made two cards today!! Hope you will like it, so let’s get going.

First Card  -






  • This Hippo set by Mudra is so cute that I cannot get enough of it. For today’s card, I used two hippo images and colored it using polychromos pencils. 
  • I masked and inked the background using Distress inks and sprinkled it with some water. 
  • I wanted some colorful flowers, so I turned the flower banner into few flowers which I colored using Distress inks.
  • Arranged everything on the card base and stamped the sentiment.
  •  Lastly added some punched hearts and my card was ready.
  •   Love that it looks clean and simple, but very bright and joyous too.


Second Card –




  • I used the “You Are Sweet” stamp set for this card. I have so many ideas for this stamp set.
  • I used the solid round image and a little bow image to create colorful candies.
  • I stamped the images in a candy shape using various Distress ink and went on it with a wet brush and highlighted the candy using contrast or darker shade of ink, for some images I also used watercolors to highlight it and also created two little hearts using the same darker shade. 
  • Because I used a little darker or a contrast shade of ink/watercolor I did not have to pay attention on shading. It gave the best.
  •   I stamped the sentiment from the “Purely Sentiment-Labelled” set.
  • Added the panel on to a card base and lastly added some sequin
  • I love the vibrant colors of candies. Looks so yummy!!! I like when I can get more out of my stamps. 

Stamps Used -


 
I hope you will like both my cards and get inspired. If you have any question, please leave a comment and I will be happy to help you.

And also don't forget to play along our Monthly challenge, where the theme is "Celebration"


Happy Crafting!! :-)

http://mudracraftstamps.blogspot.in/2017/03/mudras-first-birthday-blog-hop.html


Mudra stamps are now available at the following Retailers:

Art and Craft Store - Noida
Hindustan Trading Company, Chennai
The Craft Store, Srilanka

12 comments:

  1. Love these Kanan. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! I loved the colors in the Hippo card and the toffees look so yummylicious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun cards!! The hippo card is just too cute! Perfect masking and di background! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both the cards...i love the way you made those candies...beautiful watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first card is super cute a d bright Kanan!! And what a clever way to stretch your stamps in the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cards are so cute and adorable Kanan! And the candy card is so clever!

    ReplyDelete